____ _ _ _
_ __ ___ _ ___ _|___ \| (_) |__ ___ _ __ __ _
| '_ ` _ \| | | \ \ / / __) | | | '_ \ / _ \ '__/ _` |
| | | | | | |_| |\ V / / __/| | | |_) | __/ | | (_| |
|_| |_| |_|\__,_| \_/ |_____|_|_|_.__/ \___|_| \__,_|
IRC bot to inform new joiners the channel has been moved.
Edit the config.js file to configure the options.
* oldServerUrl: The URL of the old server, where the bot should join.
* botName: The IRC nick of the bot.
* ignoreNicks: The bot won't notify these users to join a new channel.
This is a hack to avoid the bot informing itself, ChanServ, and possibly the maintainers about the move, as that would be redundant.
* newServer: Contains the link to the new server.
* channels: contains the channels on the old server the bot monitors and performs this task.
* joinTreshholdSecs: When the user joins, the bot notifies them about the move.
If the user parts and rejoins within this treshhold time, don't inform them again.
The information about the user joining a channel is stored in SQLite db.
After cloning the repo, run either one of the following commands.
npm i -D
These will install the dependencies.
After that, initialise the database by running the following two commands.
prisma migrate dev --name=init
Run the following command to run the bot.